Friday 8 June 2012

Heroclix Weekly 08/06/12

So here is my weekly update!

And what a better day for my models to arrive! Yep my order has arrived a day early! Awesome!

But first of all.

Trying to build a theme team at the moment, looks like it is going to be Avengers, unless I can get hold of the Defenders I want.

Havnt played any games this week, so no games to talk about :(

Right so my new models and a quick review on each one!

So I will start on the three models from the Avengers set-

Tony Stark

Awesome in a robot or armour team as he gives them a extra defence value! Nice that he can change into a Iron man if need be.
Also perplex is handy, but except from being as support character, he don't have much more use, but good at his job!
7/10

Heimdall

Yes I love this guy from the film, and like the look of the model so this was a must!
So hypersonic models and range is not going to hurt this guy very often with his "All Seeing" that munis thier attack by 3 if not adjacent at the start of the turn! So hulk changes and Heimdall just laughs!

Overall solid dial for his points cost, and I really like this figure, good high defence makes this character a must in my Asgardian Team.
9/10

Hulk!

Yep so the last one from the avengers was another Hulk! but the big 255 point one!
And he is a beast, A proper dial for a true Hulk! A beast all the way through, this guy will be used in my Avengers teams in high points game, but I can see him being bogged down in smaller games, overall a 19 defence on first like with 12 attack makes him nasty.
8/10

Moving on to the rest now! These are from the Galactic Guardians Set

Ravenous

Yep so a 160 point Monster.  A good all round click but nothing special, except his ability to choose a power or team ability of the other players team and use it himself! So anything from perplex to the Mystics team ability.  Add in a high defence and damage and outwit on some clix, overall not bad for his points!
8/10

Drax

So I was looking at expanding my Defenders and he was a 99p and so I added him in, overall a good click, with nothing stand out except his ability to have charge and willpower while a higher point character is on the field on the other players team.
Also he has a dummed down version of probability control, as it can only be used on the chosen character!
So not bad, but not brilliant.
6/10

Hollywood

Yep I had to buy him, has some awesome abilities and a good solid click for only 138 points, he should be worth at least 150 but there we go, he will be in many of my Avenger teams, and is a good solid character that can hold his own and dish out some damage.
8/10

Right I will be doing the next two together!

Adam Warlock/ Magus

Yep the annoying transforming duo! These guys both have awesome clicks and with the right models around them, almost unstoppable, overall I see both dials being very good for only 165 points, and yet when Adam warlock starts taking some damage, boom, switched to Magus who has Steal Energy and regeneration. And when Magus is healed he can transform back to Adam! Almost a unstoppable combo, if the right support characters and heavy hitters are around them! I will play these alot.
10/10

So that is all this week. Hope you enjoyed the read and read again next week :)

And while doing this, I am eating a nice piece of lemon cake, which my lovely girlfriend made :)