Monday 3 November 2014

MK Return of the Jedi Event

So another MK event, ( I got to everyone this year)

And another theme, so this time taking ships from the film, and so here is my list!

Lando, VI, Nien
Wes, VI, R3-A2
Rookie

Well something like that, I wasnt going to bring a Falcon, as I did have another list, but the signed Falcon picture, was my motivation of bringing Lando!

I forgot most load outs and names (as always) But then it is only a quick rough blog.

So here we go, I turned up shattered, so could be a interesting day.

So game 1-
Against
2 low Ps Phantoms
1 Alpha Interceptor
1 Shuttle

So went and got murdered, I couldnt hit anything, (bad dice, vs really good evade dice)
and I made some silly moves etc,  so went on to lose, I got 42 points, for killing the shuttle and the Interceptor, but not the start I was looking for.
Lost 42-100

So here I go and drink a can of Monster before next game.... well that worked wonders, so I had another one to make sure I was awake!

Game 2, Scott-
Phantom
Defender
Shuttle

So wide awake, it was a different game, I took out his Phantom after he found itself range 1 of Wes, and then the Defender fell quickly next, the shuttle was off on its own, and was never going to turn around before being shot apart
Win-100-0

So lunch time, 1-1 not to bad, went for lunch with Lee, and we chatted about how we are doing and his list etc...... so game 3.. was always going to be Lee

Game 3-Lee
Phantom
Interceptor
Shuttle

This was a murder, my dice got lucky to one shot his Interceptor, but the phantom was no match to Lando and Wes, and then a rookie pilot, near enough took on the shuttle, as it slowly got back into the fight, So good result
Win-100-0

Game 4
42 point Horton Salm
Wedge
Biggs

Well, second pass saw me lose my Rookie and him lose biggs, but it came down to 2 hull Lando, and 1 Hull wes, vs 1 Hull Salm and 1 Hull Wedge, so when Lando take out Salm, he takes a risk with Wedge, and puts him out of arc of wes, but Lando can still just get a range 3 shot on him, and kills him.
Win 100-21, game of the day for me, as it was so close, and it could of swung either way

Game 5, Kyle
So my arch enemy (insert evil laugh here)
We are the only two fighting for the Lando poster... and the Grand Championship, so winner takes all.
He has duel Falcon, and I not even going to talk about this game, me and Kyle normally have close great games and have a laugh, but this was a slaughter, he didnt roll a single evade all game, but made worse, when I kept roll all natural hits, and rolled so many crits.. including 3 natural crits in one roll... so very quick win, but not a enjoyable game.. He did kill Wes though
100-32

So 4-1 and finished second in total, 1st place had killed 4 more points then me, but still got some cool stuff.

So my Grand Championship price, a awesome drinking horn (need to try it out), and the Signed Falcon Picture, and stress tokens,
I took Stress tokens over a ship(Had a choice of them or a wave 4 ship), mainly because I got all the ships I need, even though I was tempted by another Z-95, and how often do the Acrylic tokens turn up?
So some awesome prizes again, and I think that may be it for MK events this year(lots of things on) but I cant wait for next years events :)