Saturday 8 November 2014

X-wing, rushden

So got to rushden today to get some games in against the Williams brothers, we played 4 games, and I tried something new that I have never done before.
  Game 1-
My list was a miss mash, to let me try lots of things

Shuttle
Rhymer, ptl,2xapt
Cowall, VI
Obsidian

Vs

Keyan, ptl
Blue
2x green pilot, stealth, ptl, refit

So I lost 100-22, good game, but my mush mash ships didn't hold up, what I leant was shuttle can be a beast when flown around the game, not into it.

Game 2
My list was having a go, at tusken raiders, famous sigmas, and trying out low PS phantoms

4x sigma phantoms

Vs

Chewbacca
Wedge
Rookie

So we both lined up facing each other, and the first round of shooting saw a phantom and wedge go down, from here the falcon found it self flying away with little to do, while the phantoms murdered the rookie.
The falcon got rid of another phantom, but 4 red vs 1 green is never nice..
Win 100-50, lots of firepower, but no holding power, got to stay out of arcs

Game 3
So trying out E2 and tacticians

4x blue, E2, tacticians

Vs

krassis, hlc
Sontir
Saber

So first turn of shooting sees krassis with 4 stress, within a few turns a blue went down as well as the saber and krassis, and then it come down to chasing sontir.

Win 100-25,  I like the idea, but b-wings dont move well enough to be without any other types of ships

Game 4
First time ever... I will be flying Biggs

Wes, r2, ptl
Keyan, opportunist
Biggs, r2d2

Vs

6 z-95, including blout and cracken

So game finished 100-0, Biggs done well by just keep getting shields back, and wes and keyan only took damage from asteroids, so some bad flying there by me, but while the list did well and seemed solid, with wes and keyan and opportunist combo, I did think that 2 more ships instead of Biggs, could of been better

Anyway, things I still want to try-
A-wing in more detail
Horton salm
Chewbacca, Biggs list, very defensive but could be interesting, maybe next time, as I don't think I will get any games in now before January.

:)
(Written on my tablet, so grammar may be even worse then normal)