Tuesday 4 August 2015

40 Conquest LCG: Local Summer Event

So off to a local event, turn out was 4 of us all playing for a bit of fun!

Here are the fractions in play!

Me: Kugath, Chaos/Orks

Ragnar, Space Marines

Eldorath, Eldar

Baharroth, Eldar

So we all planned to play everyone, so we didnt play winner vs winner etc, we just played in a random order!

I cant remember much, as once again I didnt take ant notes, so only a quick round up!

Game 1 vs Baharroth

So what I thought was going to close, turned out he couldnt do enough damage to Kugath or my daemons, I dominated command struggle, beginning of turn 2 I had 11 resource to the other players 4!
So I won on the 3rd or 4th sector.

Game 2 vs Ragnar

Now he dropped firedrake terminators on sector1 first turn!
Ouch this is going to be hard, but I did have Vile Laboratory! So for the first two turns, because he didnt have any units with the terminators, he was never able to stay on the first 2 sector, meaning kugath can go in and win them.  During a Kugath vs Ragnar fight, Ragnar was bloodied, I believe that was turn 1!

Now as game went on, he had a space wolf predator, the firedrakes, deathwing guards as well as other units, so he was able to win sector 4 and 5 (I believe) now his warlord has taken damage at this point, and when he commit to sector 6, he has a massive train of units following him, but I had the ready units, allowing me to kill his warlord.

This game was close, but with my nurglings building up on the next sector, so if he did surive and win planet 6, his warlord most likely would of been unable to survive on planet 7.
A close win

Game 3 vs Eldorath

Now, against this deck, I struggled, while I won the first 2 planets, it all went down hill from there, he had the command on every planet every turn, and in the end was able to stop kugath playing any tricks, kugath end up getting bloodied and then killed by a guardian, he was empowered and the player was able to keep him shielded!
Good game, but I was well beaten!

So 2-1 with Kugath and that put me second!

Results
1st Eldorath, 2 wins
2nd Me, Kugath, 2 wins
3rd/4th Ragnar and Baharrogh, 1 win each

Good fun!
And I took home another fire warrior elite, I only took 1 as I already had 2 copies, even though we were all offered a playset, I didnt take the box, as again I already have one.

But I did get the Zarathur promo, now this card has some amazing art!
Anyway, I will leave you all with the pictures of the promo!
 Bad pictures though, and not the right way up! :(

Front Side

Bloodied Side