Friday 11 November 2011

First Game with Necrons!

Against space marines!

Well it was a draw- he had 1 man on a objective which drew him the game, this one man took hits from a monolith and immortals 2 turns running!

But yer, so Necrons..

Good things-
Reanimation was annoying for other player
Tesla guns can cause so many wounds
Immortals are a good troop choice
Mindshakle scarabs are awesome

Cons-
Monolith did bugger all, just moved forward every turn and nothing got within 12 of it, it just kept blasting everything
My overlord couldnt hit a brick wall, in total 9 attacks over 3 turns and only 1 hit, But that is just my dice rolling lol
Destroyer lord did naf all

Maybes-
Destroyers didn't really do much, except be annoying, 200 points for 5 is a bit hefty
Heavy Destroyers didn't do much either, but are a main type of anti tank.

Overall-
So lack of anti tank hurt me, I am going to use a doomsday barge (or 2) next week, and try some other options, but I still feel we dont handle tanks overally well, and yer close combat is even worse for us now our lords are I2, but whip coils on wraiths is very handy!